Sunday, January 25, 2009

Unit 1 Journal Response

I have used Google Sites as well as Google Pages to create websites for my adult ESL students. I had a good experience with Google Sites but it has a lot of limitations. I was unable to import my ppts cleanly. I lost my sound and a few other perks. I will be using Expressions Web 2 for my electronic portfolio.
In my portfolio I hope to include:
1. Greeting with photo
2. Resume (Standard 1)
3. Lesson plan (Standard 2)
4. A powerpoint presentation (Standard 3)
5. audio
6. hyperlinks
7. video
8. graphs and charts (Standard 4)
9. Link to another website (Standard 5)
10. Webpages (Standard 6,7)
11. Blog (Standard 8)
I have many of these artifacts from my previous classes. This week I will collect all that I have and place them in a folder so that I can start organizing my portfolio. I will then begin polishing them to better align them with each of the standards. I expect to start building the site this week and insert the simpler pages like my resume so that I can concentrate the majority of my time on the more challenging pages.

No comments: